Finding the best car accident attorney to help you out is not necessarily a simple task. There are many lawyers that you can hire to represent you. Start by going online and typing in the type of lawyer you are looking for, followed by the city that you are in. Depending on the area that you are in, you will see a list of many to choose from.
Searching is the easy part, however. Choosing a good attorney is where things can be a little difficult. Unless you have some references from people you trust who have used attorneys on your list, you just don’t know how good they are.
Here are some tips on how you can identify the best car accident lawyer there is:
1. Check the information for each of the lawyers that seems interesting to you. The vital information would include their education, training and areas of specialization when it comes to their practice.
2. Check the law firm to which they belong. Rare is the law firm today that does not have its own website today. Check their profile and see how they are.
3. Check if the lawyer is a member of an organization of lawyers. It is quite easy to check and they should post the information on the website of the firm. Being member of a group of lawyers means that he is updated on the latest developments when it comes to the law and other things like that.
Just because an attorney says that he is a member of an organization, does not mean that it is so. Try visiting the website of the organization and searching for a page that best car accident attorney lists all the members in good standing. You could even call that organization to see if that firm is really a member.
4. If you know a lawyer who specializes in a different field you can ask them if they have an attorney they know that they could refer you to. They may be the ones best qualified to make these kinds of recommendations since they would know a fellow lawyer’s capabilities when it comes to that area of the law.
5. By now you should have narrowed down your list. Now you can ask around about the reputation of the lawyers on your list. Try to find out not just their capabilities as a lawyer but the way that they deal with their clients as well. Read carefully any testimonials they have on their websites.
6. If no one really knows about the lawyer in the community then you can approach some of their former clients and ask how they were. This is probably one of the best ways that you can find out how they interact with their clients.
Try searching for that attorneys name in a search engine and seeing what others may be saying about that firm on Twitter, Facebook and other social media sites.
7. Check on the lawyer’s legal standing. That is easy to do since you can request the information from the local Bar Association. They should be able to share the information since that is part of their duty.
You need to check and see if there are pending cases against him or if there have been attempts to have him disbarred. Knowing that kind of information can be handy for someone planning on hiring a lawyer.
8. You can also check in the local newspaper or media if a lawyer has been involved in cases that have reached high profile status in the past is another good idea.
These are just some of the things that you should know and keep in mind when looking for a good car accident attorney.
Bloom, Kinnear & Renick Law Firm have more than 75 years of combined experience representing the victims of serious Accident/Injury and Workers Compensation claims.